To be the intellectual and cultural center of our community. The place to go for information and cultural resources, in a comfortable and convenient environment, providing services for all generations.
The Nanuet Public library is dedicated to be a civic resource promoting open access to information, materials and services to all residents of the Nanuet School District to advance knowledge, foster creativity, encourage the exchange of ideas, build community and enhance the quality of life.
Borrowing Terms Limits and Fines
|Item||Limit||Loan Period||Overdue Charge per day||Max.Fine||Renewals allowed|
|Adult books||*||28 days||.10||$10||2|
|Adult books – New||*||14 days||.10||$10||2|
|Adult Fast books||2||7 days||.25||$10||0|
|Audio books||5||28 days||.25||$10||2|
|Audio books – New||3||14 days||.25||$10||2|
|Audio books – Children||3||14 days||.10||$10||2|
|Children’s books||3 fiction by same author 3 non-fiction per subject||14/28 days||.05||$5||2|
|DVD/Blu-Ray New & High Demand||4||3 days||1.00||$10||2|
|Magazines||5||7 days||.05||Cost of magazine||0|
|Magazines – Children’s||5||14 days||.05||Cost of magazine||0|
|Museum Passes***||1 per family||3 days||$10.00||$100||0|
|Music CDs – Adult||10||14 days||.10||$10||2|
|Music CDs – Children’s||10||14 days||.05||$10||2|
*All accounts have a total limit of 50 items per card. There is no limit up to 50 on these collections.
**Blu-ray/DVDS limit includes 4 new
***Museum passes must be returned to the Nanuet Library Circulation Desk. $5.00 charge if museum pass is returned in bookdrop.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Nanuet Library
- The Nanuet Public Library loans membership passes to a number of area museums.
- The membership passes are available for loan to adult Nanuet Public Library patrons in good standing. A current adult Nanuet Public Library card is required.
- Families and individuals may borrow only one pass at a time.
- Passes cannot be reserved in advance but will be held for a maximum of thirty minutes by the library’s clock, provided the desired pass is available in the library at the time the request is made.
- Please call 623-4281 x 128 or stop by the Adult Reference Desk to check on the availability of a pass.
- Passes circulate for three (3) days.
- (ex: a pass borrowed on a Tuesday is due on Friday).
- Passes must be returned in person to the circulation desk.
- A $5.00 fine will be imposed if the pass is returned in the book drop.
- Passes cannot be renewed.
- A late fee of $10 per day, up to the cost of museum membership, will be imposed for every day the pass is late.
- Replacement cost for lost passes is the museum’s membership charge to the Friends of the Library for a replacement pass.
It is the borrower’s responsibility to confirm hours of operation, exhibits, parking fees, etc.
Failure to abide by these regulations may result in forfeiture of borrowing privileges. Regulations may be revised at any time.
Procedure December 2007
Revised policy passed by resolution of the Nanuet Public Library Board of Trustees,
April 28, 2009
Revised: August 30, 2010
Board of Trustees
Sheila O’Brien, President
Amy Andrews, Vice President
Jean Cappiello, Secretary
Accountant: Evan Gross
Clerk to the Board: Sofija Duic
Treasurer: Howard Heffler
Minutes and Agenda
Hours and Directions
Regular Hours (effective 2/23/2021)
Monday – Thursday 11 AM- 7 PM
Friday – Saturday 11 AM – 3 PM
Summer Hours are the same as regular hours until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
- Friday, January 1: New Year’s Day -Closed
- Monday, January 18: Martin Luther King Jr., Day – Closed
- Monday, February 15: President’s Day – Closed
- Sunday, April 4: Easter Sunday – Closed
- Monday, May 31: Memorial Day -Closed
- Monday, July 5: Independence Day – Closed
- Saturday, September 4-6: Labor Day Weekend – Closed
- Monday, October 11: Columbus Day – Closed
- Wednesday, November 24: Thanksgiving Eve – Closing @5PM
- Thursday, November 25: Thanksgiving Day – Closed
- Friday, November 26: Thanksgiving – Closed
- Friday, December 24: Christmas Eve – Closing @1PM
- Saturday, December 25: Christmas Day – Closed
- Friday, December 31: New Year’s Eve – Closing@1PM