Welcome Back for Express Service
- Library Staff and Trustees are pleased to welcome the community back into the building with the following limited express services, and new rules & procedures for everyone’s safety. Each library patron may visit the library for a maximum of 30 minutes, once per day.
- Limited library services due to COVID-19
- Available on a walk-in basis, space permitting:
Browsing and checking out Adult and Teen collections
- including DVDs, CDs, and magazines
Photocopying, Faxing, 15-minute Express computer
Available by appointment only, call to schedule:
30 minutes at a computer, one appointment per person, per day
Valid RCLS library card required, no guest passes will be given
30 minutes in the Children’s Room, one appointment per family, per day
Maximum of 4 people per family appointment
Not available at this time:
Sitting areas, study carrels, newspapers, meeting rooms, library phones for public use, toys, gaming computers
Please be aware that:
For your safety, we will limit the number of people allowed in each area, and in the whole building, at any given time. This may result in a wait to get in. If you would like to use a computer or the Children’s Room, we recommend calling 845-623-4281 in advance to schedule your appointment.
Programs continue to be held online or outdoors. Check our ONLINE CALENDAR https://nanuetlibrary.evanced.info/signup for the most up-to-date info on programs.
Visit ADULT SERVICES BOOK A LIBRARIAN for information on remote one-on-one technology assistance or other reference help from a librarian.
GETTING A LIBRARY CARD:
To apply for a library card online, complete and submit this form. Click here
Kids and Teens:
Adult/Teen Services floor is available to patrons Grade 7 and above.
Children Grades 6 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
New library rules and procedures due to COVID-19
Do not enter the library if:
1. You have any COVID-19-related symptoms including but not limited to fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath; or,
2. You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days; or,
3. You have been in close contact with someone who has been infected with COVID-19 in the past 10 days; or,
4. In the past 10 days, you have arrived in New York from an area on the New York State travel advisory list requiring quarantine
5. You have been ordered to isolate or quarantine for any other reason
Upon entering the library:
Wear a mask at all times.*
Maintain 6 feet of distance from others at all times.
Wash or sanitize hands before and after touching library materials and equipment.
Visit for a maximum of 30 minutes per day.
See Addendum to Patron Code of Conduct for complete policy.
*Face coverings are required for entry into the building. In accordance with the provisions of New York Executive Order 202.17 (as extended by subsequent Executive Orders), the Library requires that any individual over age two, and able to medically tolerate a face covering, must cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face covering when in the Library building. If a face covering would inhibit or otherwise impair an individual’s health then, in order to protect the safety and well-being of the public and Library staff, the Library offers the reasonable accommodations of curbside pickup of materials, curbside pickup of remote print jobs, reference services by phone, and online programs. No one will be permitted to enter the Library building without a face covering.